Monday, March 31, 2008

Going Out Like a Lion!

March is definitely going out like a lion! It has been drizzly and cold for 2 days now and will most likely continue to be for a few more! I don't mind the cooler temperatures but the rain (as much as we need it!) just makes me feel depressed! Chris is not on his way yet and I really wanted him to be!! I know that that is just the way things work... but I think it's pretty impossible to not get your hopes up! I got a call tonight from Mrs. W, Major W's wife. She runs our FRG (Family Readiness Group) and she does a horrendous job. We're supposed to have get-togethers at least every month... but I think we've had maybe one throughout the whole deployment. ONE! That is just lame. She called me to get my address so she could mail me an invitation to come to some event to be recognized for all I've done as a Key Caller through this year... I nearly laughed. I think that I have called down my phone roster maybe three or four times this year; just to check in with people... I guess I've done all that was required of me?? I don't think it's anything to get up and make a fuss over... I'm curious as to what the event will involve. Crazy Army hoopla... I'll probably get a big gold plaque - UGH!! Today, the kids helped me shred a huge stack of papers. I've been going through my filing cabinet and there were a lot of things in it that I really don't need to hang on to! It took us about 3 hours to shred everything. We filled three garbage sacks!! Jilli was having a ball playing in the paper bits! I have paper tracked all through the house tonight. But at least that job is done!! I just know I'm going to have nightmares tonight about some paper that I really really needed and I SHREDDED it!! AHHHH!! Oh well! Que Sera, Sera!!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Alright tree killer! I have to know... did you recycle the paper?