Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Went VT Today...

Ok. So. I went visiting teaching today. (Yay me!) We went to see 2 of the 4 sisters we visit. I love the sisters we were assigned to visit. They are awesome and really inspire me. I also have a great companion. Well. The lesson this month is on gender and its role in our lives. I read ALL of the quotes from the lesson in the Ensign because they are ALL wonderful and then we started to discuss the topic. Well, it came up that my partner's son has issues with wanting to be very girly. He LOVES to wear dresses from his older sister's dress-up box and is obsessed with princesses and looking pretty. She expressed how worried she is that he will grow up and be challenged as far as his role as a male. I told her not to worry because he's only 3 and I'm sure it's just a phase he's going through. Well, the sister we were visiting did not agree. I guess she's had several family members struggle with these issues and said that it all started at a young age. I could see where she was coming from, but I have had no experience with this in my family (luckily!) and just felt kind of at a loss to help her. The sister advised my partner to take her problem to the Lord and to fast and pray about what she should do. It was rather amazing. I always hear about those moments in little stories that people share in sacrament meeting or whatnot, but I'd never been present for one. I hope that she really does take it to the Lord. It's obviously something that is really worrying her. I know Jeremiah liked playing with all Jessi's toys and such but he's definitely a boy and loves all the things that go along with that. Anyhoo... I just thought I'd share my little VT moment. It was touching and very cool. 

No comments: