Monday, February 18, 2008

Visual

I guess I am a very visual person. I have always been like this. In school, if I had seen something, I could picture it in my mind with near perfect recall. I guess you could call it a bit of photographic memory... although it has not stuck with me much. I think it requires some regular usage to stay active... but I am going to attempt to leave a post in my blog that does not have any pictures!!!
I was reading a couple of blogs today that didn't have any pictures and they had such wonderful thoughts that came flowing out into their cyber journals. I wanted this to happen on mine. Now that I want it to happen. It won't.
Back to the photographic memory thing. The more I think about it, I think that I do use that little talent of mine quite a bit as a mother. For instance, when the kids say, "Mom, have you seen the little gray truck with the big black tires that I got from Burger King?" or " Mom, I can't find the shirt to my Polly Pocket doll." I can always say, "It is in your room, under the purple purse in the bottom of your toy drawer." or "Under the third pillow on the couch." This has got to mean that at some point I saw the object in question in precisely that location and can recall it from my memory when asked. What a great talent. See! I do have some talents that don't involve any sort of creativity! Yay!
I was telling the kids the other day that I was a Nerd. Yep. Full-blown, glasses and braces, straight A's, preppy clothes, Nerd. They didn't believe me. Guess it's time to pull out the old photo albums and give them a lovely picture of me to keep in their not so photographic memories! I guess that it's not a trait that one can pass on to their posterity. Darn it. OR maybe it's something that they get when they become parents. Guess I'll wait and see!

1 comment:

P. B.F. said...

Nice Nice. This blog looks fun too!
It kind of has a girly feel to it though so I'm not gonna spend too much time in here... fun fun!