Thursday, August 21, 2008

Is she deaf?!

It was a good day. Chris and I took a nice long bike ride this morning after putting the kids on the bus. We rode down some sandy backroad trails and then on the road back up into our neighborhood. I was dying! I hate how quickly you lose that feeling of fitness after being semi-inactive for a little while. It takes so long to get up to a good level and such a short time to lose it. Man! Anyways, after that, we went and ate lunch with the kids at their school. They tell us everyday how wonderful the food is there! We ate with them and it really wasn't too bad! They actually season the food here! Today's special was Taco Pizza and these yummy peanutty caramel cheerio bars. Mmmmm. Not bad. Jilli loves the chocolate milk! She always gets a cute little brown milk mustache. After lunching with the kids, we drove to the clinic to get hearing and vision screenings (a requirement here!) and get their immunizations updated on the state forms. It turns out that both Jess and Miah needed a second Chicken pox vaccine... ugh! Good thing Chris was there!!! Jeremiah did great but Jessica freaked out! Chris, the nurse and I had to hold her down while she was stuck with the shot. It was all over in less than a minute but Jess really thought the world was ending or something... Silly kid!!! I don't know why she can't just be cool with stuff! Jillian was very worried about Jess. It was just dumb. You would think she'd grow out of this whole freak-out thing... We stopped at the PX on the way home for some ice cream and I shopped around while they ate - avoidance is a great diet! I found some shirts on clearance and a new book to read. It was awesome. We drove home and got all the schoolwork done so the kids could go and play in the backyard. They invited some neighbors over to jump on the trampoline and soon ALL the neighborhood kids were over and their moms... So, I had to go out and be social. I guess I missed the good part though! I was inside cleaning up a big poopy explosion that Jillian blessed me with - can't wait till that girl catches the vision of potty training!! I went out and heard that one little girl in the neighborhood came out to play without her mom's permission. She is a very precocious little girl with way too much energy. Her mom began calling for her. My kids just watched this girl completely ignore her mother calling her with astonishment. One of the other moms was telling me that Jess turned to her and asked, "Is she deaf?" Jess just couldn't believe that she wasn't listening to her mom!! It gave them all a good laugh since they all know how crazy that little girl is. I guess there are lots of stories to tell about that little girl and her mother.... more for another day! I just loved that my kids were so shocked and amazed that this little girl didn't want to go and see what her mother needed! That wouldn't fly around here!! We live in a pretty close knit neighborhood and I'm pretty excited that the mom's are so hands on and watch their children so well. It's quite a change from our crazy old neighborhood! I don't miss that part at all!
I think I may go take some tylenol for my poor head... I'm getting pounded by some serious Guitar Hero. Chris and Matt Holmes are rocking out!! We have Matt for the night! Yay! Chris has a playmate! Well, I'm going to go crash on my bed with a book and some earplugs!! Ta ta!

1 comment:

Monica said...

I like all the catching up your doing on your blog. Is the little girl that Peppy kid? Find a gym or pop in a work out video! You worked to hard to get that bod!