Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 in Review

Grabbed this from Nicole's blog and I was amazed by how HARD it was to come up with most of these answers!!! Give it a try if you get a chance!!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? We went to Six Flags over Atlanta

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? 
I kept a few... and will make more for this year... I'm just a list maker!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 
My sisters, Rebecca and Amy, Neice Lauren and Sister-in-Laws, Amy, Julie & Heidi

4. Did anyone close to you die? 
Yes, my grandfather

5. What countries did you visit? 
None. Again! Never been outside of the Continental U.S. Still. 

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? a smaller appetite! 


7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 
April 5th and April 11th. Chris came home on the 5th and Miah was baptized on the 11th. 

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? 
Surviving deployment and moving us

9. What was your biggest failure? 
Still haven't scrapbooked all that I want to! 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?  Nope!

11. What was the best thing you bought? Smaller clothes!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? 
Jillian's! She learned to go potty!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? 
Every politician running for political office at every level. (I must agree Nicole!)

14. Where did most of your money go? 
Eating out... I hate cooking in the tiny hallway that passes for our kitchen! Grrrrr! 

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? 
Chris coming home from Afghanistan in April!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? 
All the songs from Guitar Hero! Especially "Ruby"!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? sadder
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter darnit!
c) richer or poorer? Poorer ... we never get richer!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? 
Reading

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? 
Eating junk.

20. How did you spend Christmas? 
With Chris and the kids

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? 
All over again with having a husband at home!!! Yeah baby!

22. What was your favorite TV program? 
Heroes

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
nah... hate is such a strong word 

24. What was the best book you read? 
Goose Girl, Enna Burning, & River Secrets by Shannon Hale

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? 
Love Joshua Radin

26. What did you want and get? 
I wanted Chris to come home and he did!

27. What did you want and not get? 
A Cricut!

28. What was your favorite film of this year? 
Ghost Town

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 
I went to lunch and dinner I think... and I was older. 

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? 
Can’t think of a thing. 

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Love watching "What Not to Wear" and I try to be like them... TRY 

32. What kept you sane? 
All my awesome friends!! Seriously!!

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? 
Dora the Explorer

34. What political issue stirred you the most? 
The appalling reaction to the Prop 8 victory in California. Hear hear!

35. Who did you miss? 
I miss my friends and family way too much!!!  

36. Who was the best new person you met? Kindra, Conny and all my new friends in our ward!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. 
You have to have Faith.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. 
I'm peanut butter and you are jelly.... (Inside Out PB&J song... was played over and over and over!)

Okay - your turn! How was your year?

1 comment:

Angie said...

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby... Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ahhhhh!!!